Monday, September 22, 2014

Into the Abyss

We haven't been using our cellar this summer and I went to clean it so that we can store our potatoes, mushrooms, juice and whatnot for the winter. I was not prepared for the unnatural horrors waiting for me in the dark.

The entrance to Dungeon Level 1. It is guarded by black giant spiders not visible in the photo.
I must be cautious for there are fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the WHAT THE?!
It appears the few potatoes left lying around in the darkness have begun to spawn new life!
This is starting to look like invasion of the body snatchers!
Delving deeper I neared the source of the Lovecraftian horror hidden from the light of day..
..and faced THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE!
Realizing a mere broom is no match for the horrors lurking within this forgotten crypt I planted a device to cleanse the vault of the corruption that had taken over.
With smoke and fire I will purify this place!

I made my escape as the crypt of horrors filled with smoke intended to kill the fungus infestation and slammed the door shut. Now I dare not return and see whether my efforts were successful or not.

1 comment: